Thursday November 27, 2014


Survey results are meant for general information only, and are not based on recognised statistical methods.

Police report for January 30 to February 2


Estevan Police Service members were called to the east industrial area of the city on Monday morning. A lamp post had been knocked over. Police, with the help of civilians, located the truck responsible for the damage. Charges are pending.

Police were called to the south side of the city, as an unknown person was in a residence. When the police arrived, the person had left, as the incident had happened earlier in the morning. Police took the description of the person, and the matter is under investigation.

Members were called to a local hotel on Sunday for a disturbance. Two male occupants were arguing, and one had made an accusation of an assault. No injuries were observed. The males were separated and no further incidents occurred.

Police and Estevan Fire and Rescue Services were dispatched to two fire alarms at private residences on Saturday. Both were found to be false, and were caused by burnt food.

Officers had a walk through at the Civic Auditorium. They were approached by referees, who told them that a parent was getting out of control. Police were advised that the man was told to leave, but returned to the rink a short time later to moon the referees. The male was not in the facility when police arrived.

A local delivery person reported that someone had taken his vehicle while he was making a delivery. Police found the person responsible, and the suspect stated that it was a prank. The accused had moved the vehicle from the view of the driver.

Police responded to a residence to aid a frantic female caller. The complainant told police that her husband had been drinking, and while in company of friends, had gotten angry and started to become aggressive. The male subject left the residence before police had arrived. During a search of the area, the male was located and arrested for public intoxication, and placed in cells until sober.

A call regarding a possible impaired driver was received. A vehicle was located stuck in a ditch in the city’s industrial area. The occupant was located inside his vehicle, however it was determined he had not been drinking. A tow truck was contacted to remove the vehicle from the ditch.

A two-vehicle accident occurred at a hotel parking lot, resulting in extensive damage to one of the vehicles. The offending vehicle failed to yield to the right of way to the oncoming vehicle. The driver was subsequently charged under the Traffic Safety Act for failing to yield the right of way. No injuries occurred in the accident.

A 26-year-old male was stopped by police due to a traffic infraction on Friday. Police noted the driver was exhibiting signs of impairment. A roadside test was conducted and the driver was taken back to the police station for breath samples. The driver was charged for driving while his alcohol content exceeded .08. He will answer to the charge on March 24.

Police were asked to respond to two young male subjects fighting in front of a residence. The two young people were spoken to and one of the males was questioned for his actions. He was advised of a possible assault charge. The matter is still under investigation.

A physical altercation erupted in a local convenience store. The people involved were located by police, who determined alcohol was a contributing factor. One of the males involved was assaulted but did not sustain injuries. The matter is still under investigation.

Police are investigating the possible tampering of debit machines at a local retail store. This matter is under investigation.

A traffic stop on the city’s north end resulted in charges of possession of a controlled substance, as the occupants were found to be in possession of a small amount of marijuana. Two females, ages 17 and 18, will make court appearances on March 3.

Police arrested a 34-year-old male on Thursday for being in care and control of a motor vehicle. He refused demands to provide breath samples. He was charged for impaired care and control, and for refusing to provide samples.

Police responded to two noise complaints at a local residence. On the second visit the tenant was charged under the noise bylaw.

Members were dispatched to the Leisure Centre to a report of a disturbance. All parties were spoken to and no further action was required.




NOTE: To post a comment in the new commenting system you must have an account with at least one of the following services: Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, OpenID. You may then login using your account credentials for that service. If you do not already have an account you may register a new profile with Disqus by first clicking the "Post as" button and then the link: "Don't have one? Register a new profile".

The Estevan Lifestyles welcomes your opinions and comments. We do not allow personal attacks, offensive language or unsubstantiated allegations. We reserve the right to edit comments for length, style, legality and taste and reproduce them in print, electronic or otherwise. For further information, please contact the editor or publisher, or see our Terms and Conditions.

blog comments powered by Disqus

About Us | Advertise | Contact Us | Sitemap / RSS   Glacier Community Media:    © Copyright 2014 Glacier Community Media | User Agreement & Privacy Policy


Lost your password?