Monday November 24, 2014


Survey results are meant for general information only, and are not based on recognised statistical methods.

Police report for January 16 to 19


Estevan Police Service members were dispatched to a north-central Estevan park because of damage to fixtures on the inside of a building. Further investigation led to a 13-year-old youth being spoken to. The matter remains under investigation.

Police were called to a northeast Estevan residence because a male refused to leave the property, and caused a disturbance. The male was spoken to by police and the matter was resolved without incident.

Police were dispatched to a north-central Estevan residence in regards to a noise complaint. The tenant occupying a suite was warned about the noise bylaw.

Members received a call through the report impaired drivers program on Saturday night of a semi entering Estevan. Police intercepted the unit just outside of the city limits. The vehicle was stopped partway into the community, even though the police car's emergency lights and siren had been activated. The driver showed extreme signs of impairment. He would not supply a breath sample, and was charged accordingly; he was also charged for impaired driving and for violating conditions to not consume alcohol.

Police received a call of an intoxicated person by the railroad tracks on the west side of the city. Officers located the male and transported him to hospital, where he was held for observation while his core temperature was brought back up to normal. He was then brought to the police station, where he was lodged for public intoxication.

Members were called to a fundraising cabaret, as an individual had been punched. The person then broke the window of a vehicle. After investigation, the driver of the vehicle only wanted to be paid for the broken window. The person who was punched did not wish to press charges.

Another person was punched in the mouth earlier and had several broken teeth. When police spoke with the victim, he became very belligerent and refused to cooperate with police. It was explained to him that officers needed a statement so they could start an investigation. He flipped off the officers, and told them where to go and how to get there. It was explained to him that if he wished to visit the police station for a statement, officers would more than happy to help him.

Police were called to a house in the north-central part of the city to remove an intoxicated female.

Members were called to two noisy parties. The owners of both residences were warned of the noise bylaw.

Police were called to a local lounge on Friday for a disturbance in the parking lot. Several females were engaged in an argument. One of the females was arrested for public intoxication and lodged for the evening.

Police responded to several calls through the report impaired drivers program. The vehicles were located and the drivers were checked for sobriety.

Officers responded to four different false alarm calls.

Police had two reports of hit-and-run collisions. Both are under investigation. One of the victims was able to identify the other vehicle and driver.

Members received a report of a theft from a local business that occurred the night before. The incident is under investigation.

Police were called to a fight at a local nightclub on Thursday night. Upon arrival, the parties were separated and sent on their way. All were cooperative with police and no further action was necessary.

While patrolling near the same nightclub an hour later, police came across another fight outside. The male subject who instigated the incident was sent on his way, and warned of his actions.

A 53-year-old male was charged with suspended driving following a traffic stop in the city’s downtown area. He will make a court appearance on March 12.

Police issued a 24-hour suspension to a 23-year-old male following a traffic stop. The subject breathed a warning level on the roadside screening device.

Officers also located an extremely intoxicated male in the downtown area of the city. He was transported to a local residence, where a friend took over his care for the evening. No further action was required.

Police were called to a local restaurant when an intoxicated male entered and did not leave. A sober friend was located to take care of the subject.




NOTE: To post a comment in the new commenting system you must have an account with at least one of the following services: Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, OpenID. You may then login using your account credentials for that service. If you do not already have an account you may register a new profile with Disqus by first clicking the "Post as" button and then the link: "Don't have one? Register a new profile".

The Estevan Lifestyles welcomes your opinions and comments. We do not allow personal attacks, offensive language or unsubstantiated allegations. We reserve the right to edit comments for length, style, legality and taste and reproduce them in print, electronic or otherwise. For further information, please contact the editor or publisher, or see our Terms and Conditions.

blog comments powered by Disqus

About Us | Advertise | Contact Us | Sitemap / RSS   Glacier Community Media:    © Copyright 2014 Glacier Community Media | User Agreement & Privacy Policy


Lost your password?